Médecine

Paramédical

Autres domaines


S'abonner

Emergency cerclage in twins during mid gestation may have favorable outcomes: Results of a retrospective cohort - 29/10/18

Doi : 10.1016/j.jogoh.2018.08.010 
Isil Uzun Cilingir , Cenk Sayin, Havva Sutcu, Cihan İnan, Selen Erzincan, Cem Yener, Fusun Varol
 Trakya University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Perinatology, Edirne, Turkey 

Corresponding author at: Şükrü Paşa mah. Raif Ocak Cad. Onur Er 2, Edirne, Turkey.Şükrü Paşa mah. Raif Ocak Cad. Onur Er 2EdirneTurkey

Bienvenue sur EM-consulte, la référence des professionnels de santé.
L’accès au texte intégral de cet article nécessite un abonnement.

pages 3
Iconographies 0
Vidéos 0
Autres 0

Abstract

Purpose

Cervical cerclage treatment for cervical changes at mid trimester is a very controversial topic in twins. The aim of the study was to present our maternal and fetal outcomes of mid-trimester cervical cerclage in twin pregnancies.

Basic procedures

This study was performed using data extracted from the medical files of the twin pregnancies whom performed emergency cervical cerclage between January 2012 and March 2018 at Trakya University, Facuty of Medicine, Department of Perinatology.

Main findings

Mean (min.–max.) gestational age at delivery was [27.3 (21–34) weeks]. The median time between cervical cerclage and delivery was 6.4 weeks, while the maximum prolongation of the pregnancy was 11 weeks. The median prolongation period of pregnancy was 4.1 weeks in patients with bulging membranes, but 10 weeks in patients with cervical effacement and cervical shortening.

Eight infants died at the neonatal period. Two patients (20%) developed late abortions at 21 and 22 weeks of gestation, and 2 women (20%) delivered extremely premature neonates at the 24th weeks. Overall neonatal mortality rate was 40% (8/20 neonates). Twelve out of twenty were born alive (60%).

Principal conclusions

Despite the lack of randomized controlled trials, it seems reasonable to offer emergency cervical cerclage to twin pregnancies with cervical shortening (<15mm). For the twin pregnancies with advanced cervical dilatation and protruding membranes, emergency cervical cerclage should be an option only for carefully selected patients after informing about the complications and low success rate.

Le texte complet de cet article est disponible en PDF.

Keywords : Emergency cerclage, Twin pregnancy, Short cervix, Prolapsed membranes, Preterm birth


Plan


© 2018  Elsevier Masson SAS. Tous droits réservés.
Ajouter à ma bibliothèque Retirer de ma bibliothèque Imprimer
Export

    Export citations

  • Fichier

  • Contenu

Vol 47 - N° 9

P. 451-453 - novembre 2018 Retour au numéro
Article précédent Article précédent
  • Transvaginal treatment of anterior and apical genital prolapses using an Ultra lightweight mesh: Restorelle® Direct Fix™. A retrospective study on feasibility and morbidity
  • Philippe Ferry, Pauline Bertherat, Anne Gauthier, Richard Villet, Francesco Del Piano, David Hamid, Hervé Fernandez, Pierre-Louis Broux, Delphine Salet-Lizée, Etienne Vincens, Pierre Ntshaykolo, Philippe Debodinance, Philippe Pocholle, Yannick Thirouard, Renaud de Tayrac
| Article suivant Article suivant
  • Non-invasive fetal monitoring using electrocardiography and phonocardiography: A preliminary study
  • S. Gobillot, J. Fontecave-Jallon, V. Equy, B. Rivet, P.Y. Gumery, P. Hoffmann

Bienvenue sur EM-consulte, la référence des professionnels de santé.
L’accès au texte intégral de cet article nécessite un abonnement.

Bienvenue sur EM-consulte, la référence des professionnels de santé.
L’achat d’article à l’unité est indisponible à l’heure actuelle.

Déjà abonné à cette revue ?

Mon compte


Plateformes Elsevier Masson

Déclaration CNIL

EM-CONSULTE.COM est déclaré à la CNIL, déclaration n° 1286925.

En application de la loi nº78-17 du 6 janvier 1978 relative à l'informatique, aux fichiers et aux libertés, vous disposez des droits d'opposition (art.26 de la loi), d'accès (art.34 à 38 de la loi), et de rectification (art.36 de la loi) des données vous concernant. Ainsi, vous pouvez exiger que soient rectifiées, complétées, clarifiées, mises à jour ou effacées les informations vous concernant qui sont inexactes, incomplètes, équivoques, périmées ou dont la collecte ou l'utilisation ou la conservation est interdite.
Les informations personnelles concernant les visiteurs de notre site, y compris leur identité, sont confidentielles.
Le responsable du site s'engage sur l'honneur à respecter les conditions légales de confidentialité applicables en France et à ne pas divulguer ces informations à des tiers.