Médecine

Paramédical

Autres domaines


S'abonner

Le Fort colpocleisis: An evaluation of results and quality of life at intermediate-term follow-up - 16/03/21

Doi : 10.1016/j.jogoh.2021.102069 
Ibrahim E. Ertas , Meriç Balıkoğlu , Alper Biler
 Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Health Sciences, Tepecik Education and Research Hospital, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Izmir, 35170, Turkey 

Corresponding author.

Bienvenue sur EM-consulte, la référence des professionnels de santé.
L’accès au texte intégral de cet article nécessite un abonnement.

pages 5
Iconographies 0
Vidéos 0
Autres 0

Abstract

Objectives

To assess postoperative complications, intermediate-term anatomic and subjective success rates, and quality of life following obliterative Le Fort colpocleisis (LFC) for advanced pelvic organ prolapse (POP).

Study Design

We conducted a retrospective cohort study with 53 subjects who underwent LFC surgery between January 2012 and April 2019. Demographic and treatment data were retrieved from a hospital database. Data on postoperative anatomic results were gathered from individual examinations of study subjects. The Clavien-Dindo classification was used to evaluate the complications. The Prolapse-Quality of Life (P-QoL) questionnaire was administered in person or over the telephone before and after the operation. Low scores on the P-QoL reflect a high quality of life.

Results

The mean age at operation was 73 ± 7.1 years. The mean time between LFC and the postoperative questionnaire and interview was 30.8 ± 15.7 months (range: 12–82). Ninety-two percent of subjects had at least one comorbidity. When subjects were classified using the Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Quantification System, seven (13.2 %) had Stage 3 POP and 46 (86.8 %) had Stage 4 POP. The overall rate of minor peri-operative complications rate was 11.3 % (six subjects). The objective success rate of LFC at intermediate-term follow-up was 98.1 %, and the subjective success rate was 96.2 %. The mean time between LFC and the postoperative questionnaire and interview was 30.8 ± 15.7 months (range: 12–82). There was a statistically significant decrease in the postoperative P-QoL score (p < 0.001).

Conclusions

Based on positive intermediate-term anatomic and subjective outcomes, including a significant decrease in P-QoL questionnaire scores and a lack of regret, obliterative LFC should be considered a first-choice procedure for elderly and sexually inactive women with advanced POP.

Le texte complet de cet article est disponible en PDF.

Keywords : Advanced pelvic organ prolapse, Le Fort colpocleisis, Elderly women, Outcomes


Plan


© 2021  Elsevier Masson SAS. Tous droits réservés.
Ajouter à ma bibliothèque Retirer de ma bibliothèque Imprimer
Export

    Export citations

  • Fichier

  • Contenu

Vol 50 - N° 4

Article 102069- avril 2021 Retour au numéro
Article précédent Article précédent
  • Effect of a postpartum prescription for pertussis vaccine: a before-and-after study
  • Marion Bucchiotty, Saliha El Morabit, Yamina Hammou, Rachida Gallouj, Nasser Messaadi, Sophie Vanderstichele, Marielle Roumilhac, Philippe Dufour, Damien Subtil
| Article suivant Article suivant
  • Effects of isolated posterior vaginal wall prolapse on lower urinary tract symptoms
  • Derya Kilic, Tolga Guler, Ismail Gokbel, Deniz Akin Gokbel, Deniz Aydin Ceylan, Akin Sivaslioglu

Bienvenue sur EM-consulte, la référence des professionnels de santé.
L’accès au texte intégral de cet article nécessite un abonnement.

Bienvenue sur EM-consulte, la référence des professionnels de santé.
L’achat d’article à l’unité est indisponible à l’heure actuelle.

Déjà abonné à cette revue ?

Mon compte


Plateformes Elsevier Masson

Déclaration CNIL

EM-CONSULTE.COM est déclaré à la CNIL, déclaration n° 1286925.

En application de la loi nº78-17 du 6 janvier 1978 relative à l'informatique, aux fichiers et aux libertés, vous disposez des droits d'opposition (art.26 de la loi), d'accès (art.34 à 38 de la loi), et de rectification (art.36 de la loi) des données vous concernant. Ainsi, vous pouvez exiger que soient rectifiées, complétées, clarifiées, mises à jour ou effacées les informations vous concernant qui sont inexactes, incomplètes, équivoques, périmées ou dont la collecte ou l'utilisation ou la conservation est interdite.
Les informations personnelles concernant les visiteurs de notre site, y compris leur identité, sont confidentielles.
Le responsable du site s'engage sur l'honneur à respecter les conditions légales de confidentialité applicables en France et à ne pas divulguer ces informations à des tiers.