2 Iconography
Access to the text (HTML) Access to the text (HTML)
PDF Access to the PDF text

Access to the full text of this article requires a subscription.
  • If you are a subscriber, please sign in 'My Account' at the top right of the screen.

  • If you want to subscribe to this journal, see our rates

  • You can purchase this item in Pay Per ViewPay per View - FAQ : 30,00 € Taxes included to order
    Pages Iconography Videos Other
    4 2 0 0

Archives de pédiatrie
Volume 19, n° 8
pages 811-814 (août 2012)
Doi : 10.1016/j.arcped.2012.05.018
Received : 29 October 2011 ;  accepted : 29 May 2012
Un aimant vaut mieux que deux
One magnet is better than two

M. Chevallier a, , C. Barbier a, C. Jacquier b, R. Somrani c, M. Sangenis a, A. Gayot c, I. Wroblewski c
a Clinique des urgences pédiatriques, clinique de pédiatrie, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38000 Grenoble cedex 09, France 
b Clinique de chirurgie pédiatrique, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38000 Grenoble cedex 09, France 
c Clinique de réanimation pédiatrique, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38000 Grenoble cedex 09, France 

Auteur correspondant.

L’ingestion accidentelle d’un corps étranger chez l’enfant n’est pas exceptionnelle et survient dans la plupart des cas chez les moins de cinq ans. L’incidence est mal connue. Nous rapportons le cas d’une péritonite sur perforations digestives multiples chez un garçon de 31 mois ayant ingéré 3 aimants de manière différée. Si l’ingestion de corps étrangers aimantés ne pose en général pas de problèmes si elle est isolée, elle peut, si l’ingestion est multiple et différée, entraîner des complications sévères. C’est pourquoi, face à un tableau douloureux abdominal chez un enfant de moins de 3 ans ou présentant des troubles du comportement, il faut savoir réaliser un cliché d’abdomen sans préparation.

The full text of this article is available in PDF format.

Accidental foreign body ingestion by children is not exceptional and occurs in most cases in children less than 5years old. The impact is not well known. We present the case of a 31-month-old boy affected by peritonitis caused by several bowel perforations after swallowing three magnets at different times. A single foreign body magnetic ingestion does not often cause trouble, but if the ingestions are spaced out, then consequential complications can occur. This is why, in case of stomachaches in a child less than 3years or a child with behavior problems, it is important to perform standard abdominal X-ray examination.

The full text of this article is available in PDF format.

© 2012  Published by Elsevier Masson SAS.
EM-CONSULTE.COM is registrered at the CNIL, déclaration n° 1286925.
As per the Law relating to information storage and personal integrity, you have the right to oppose (art 26 of that law), access (art 34 of that law) and rectify (art 36 of that law) your personal data. You may thus request that your data, should it be inaccurate, incomplete, unclear, outdated, not be used or stored, be corrected, clarified, updated or deleted.
Personal information regarding our website's visitors, including their identity, is confidential.
The owners of this website hereby guarantee to respect the legal confidentiality conditions, applicable in France, and not to disclose this data to third parties.
Article Outline