Article

Access to the text (HTML) Access to the text (HTML)
PDF Access to the PDF text
Advertising


Access to the full text of this article requires a subscription.
  • If you are a subscriber, please sign in 'My Account' at the top right of the screen.

  • If you want to subscribe to this journal, see our rates

  • You can purchase this item in Pay Per ViewPay per View - FAQ : 30,00 € Taxes included to order
    Pages Iconography Videos Other
    3 0 0 0


Archives de pédiatrie
Volume 20, n° 4
pages 375-377 (avril 2013)
Doi : 10.1016/j.arcped.2013.01.011
Received : 16 July 2012 ;  accepted : 20 January 2013
Œdème pulmonaire lésionnel par intoxication au dichloro-isocyanurate de sodium
Sodium dichloroisocyanurate-induced acute lung injury in a child
 

E. Wiel a, b, , J. Sicot a, b, S. Leteurtre c, A. Binoche c, P. Nisse d, N. Assez a
a Pôle de l’urgence, Samu régional de Lille, CHRU de Lille, rue Oscar-Lambret, 59037 Lille cedex, France 
b EA 2694, université Lille Nord de France, CHRU de Lille, rue Oscar-Lambret, 59037 Lille cedex, France 
c Réanimation pédiatrique, CHRU de Lille, rue Oscar-Lambret, 59037 Lille cedex, France 
d Pôle de l’urgence, centre anti-poison, CHRU de Lille, rue Oscar-Lambret, 59037 Lille cedex, France 

Auteur correspondant.
Résumé

L’ingestion accidentelle de dichloro-isocyanurate de sodium a été fréquemment rapportée chez l’enfant. Nous rapportons l’observation d’une enfant de 5ans ayant présenté un œdème pulmonaire lésionnel suite à l’inhalation de gaz formé après une mise en solution aqueuse de dichloro-isocyanurate de sodium. Cette observation soulève à nouveau l’importance de la prévention de ce type d’accident. Il convient d’éviter le stockage dans des récipients inadaptés à proximité d’une source d’humidité importante et de ne pas les laisser à portée de mains des enfants afin d’éviter tout risque d’inhalation du gaz ainsi formé.

The full text of this article is available in PDF format.
Summary

Intoxication, by cyanurate and its chlorated derivatives in children, is increasingly reported in the literature due to accidental ingestion compared to accidental inhalation. We report a case in a 5-year-old child who presented with acute lung injury due to accidental inhalation of gas formed after a reaction of sodium dichloroisocyanurate tablets with water. Prevention remains the best way to reduce the risk of children being intoxicated by inhalation of the gas formed after contact of tablets with water.

The full text of this article is available in PDF format.


© 2013  Elsevier Masson SAS. All Rights Reserved.
EM-CONSULTE.COM is registrered at the CNIL, déclaration n° 1286925.
As per the Law relating to information storage and personal integrity, you have the right to oppose (art 26 of that law), access (art 34 of that law) and rectify (art 36 of that law) your personal data. You may thus request that your data, should it be inaccurate, incomplete, unclear, outdated, not be used or stored, be corrected, clarified, updated or deleted.
Personal information regarding our website's visitors, including their identity, is confidential.
The owners of this website hereby guarantee to respect the legal confidentiality conditions, applicable in France, and not to disclose this data to third parties.
Close
Article Outline