During the 2017 IFOS international congress in Paris, a roundtable discussion on the topic of functional and aesthetic rhinoplasty was organised. Five experts, from the five continents and renown in the field of rhinoplasty, were brought together to discuss the issue from an international perspective and to put forward a consensus or on the contrary practical differences. Five questions were put to the experts beforehand to guarantee independent answers, which were then discussed during the roundtable. The questions were the following:
– What are the age limits for achieving a rhinoplasty?
– Do you use objective measurements before, during and after surgery? (facial landmarks, airflow, peroperative measurements)
– How do you manage the preoperative general information and computer imaging of the patient?
– What are the indications in your practice to perform a CT-scan or endoscopic examination before doing a rhinoplasty?
– What kind of graft or prosthesis do you use for an augmentation rhinoplasty? This paper offers a synthesis of the roundtable based on the experts’ answers to the different questions.Le texte complet de cet article est disponible en PDF.
Keywords : Functional rhinoplasty, Aesthetic rhinoplasty, Cosmetic rhinoplasty, IFOS, Rhinoplasty consensus